Corporate Finance Director
Closing Date: 22/09/17
Salary: Highly competitive basic salary + benefits.
Position Type: Permanent
The Corporate Finance Director will lead the Cash, Endowment Fund and Capital Investment activities of the University in order to ensure that the Group remains financially sustainable and delivers all aspects of its capital development strategy.
A significant part of this strategy will be the development of a new £500m Campus in Bristol's Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone. This exciting and high profile project will require innovative and cutting edge corporate finance transactions to deliver the student accommodation and potential additional academic and office buildings.
The post-holder will be required to initiate and execute further financing transactions over the next three years.
Details about the Client
The University of Bristol plays a lead role in the city of Bristol's cultural and economic well-being and carries out an extensive programme of events and activities on behalf of the city.
The University has annual income of £600m from a mixture of tuition fees, research grants, consultancy and rentals. It plans to invest £1 billion over the next ten years on the improvement and expansion of its estate, including a new campus in the Bristol Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone. The University has £450m of borrowings to support the delivery of its capital programme.
For more information, please see http://www.bris.ac.uk/university/
Detailed Job Description
As Corporate Finance Director for The University of Bristol your responsibilities will be complex and far-reaching.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Report to the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees on the performance and position of the University's Cash Investments, Endowment Fund Investments (mixture of equities, bonds & alternatives), University of Bristol Pensions and Assurance Scheme and Borrowings, including compliance with the Treasury Management Policy.
- Report to the Finance and Estates Committees of the Board of Trustees on the financial status of the Capital Programme and undertake post project appraisals of all major capital projects for consideration by the Committees.
- Develop and manage relationships with the financial institutions from which the University borrows and makes investments with.
- Lead the Corporate Finance Team to deliver a customer focussed service to both internal and external contacts.
- Financial planning and monitoring of the Universities £1 billion capital investment programme.
- Make loan borrowing and repayment decisions under the University's revolving credit facility in order to manage the working capital cash balance.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Tax Strategy & Endowment Investment Policy.
- Work with senior colleagues from all areas of the University, with committees and external bodies, providing high level professional expertise and advice to support informed decision making.
- Represent the University externally in sector groups and in negotiations, networking with external professionals, agencies and organisations for the benefit of the University.
- Chair strategic decision making panels and committees, exerting influence at the highest level.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a fully qualified CCAB (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) accountant.
- The Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT, AMCT) qualification is also highly desirable.
- Have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Have strong leadership skills and high levels of energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility.
- Have a strong understanding of financial institutions and significant funder / investor relationship management exposures.
- Have demonstrable experience in the management of long-term loan facilities including extensive investment management expertise (cash, equities, bonds & alternatives).
- Have in-depth knowledge of all major UK taxes and FX currency exchange markets.
- Be well versed in financial modelling, project financial appraisal and company law.
Experience of taking responsibility for executing financing and property transactions would be a significant advantage.
What's on offer
A highly competitive basic salary + benefits package will be offered.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.