Our client is a recognised leader in innovative thinking, taking finance and industry towards a bright future. They help businesses to shape their future by working with both business leaders and their finance teams to build an exciting and sustainable path forward. Started by an incredibly respected Senior Finance leader with a proven track record of success within a global healthcare environment, the company has a wealth of business and finance experience to draw on.
Our client is a start-up organisation, still defining and developing their strategy. We can confirm that our client already has two exciting young clients of their own ready for the successful candidate to work on as follows:
- Managing and performing their accounting from ledgers to management accounts to compliance to forecasting
- Defining, developing and improving their processes
- Quickly building credibility and trust with key stakeholders…to be able to rapidly make a difference
- Following the initial launch phase, and establishing the core financial processes there will be a need to routinely provide the clients with top quality regular updates on their finances, along with continuous value added advice and guidance
- The clients’ needs will evolve over time, through fundraising to exit, which will require various types of support from the successful candidate and the rest of the team
- So change is normal and a dynamic approach to work is a must!
What are the career opportunities for this role?
Our client is aiming to build a thriving advisory business with a multitude of different clients. In addition to this they wish for all team members to become known as forward thinking and innovative individuals. As one of the earliest staff members, the successful candidate will grow with the business and the sky is the limit in terms of what you want to achieve. In addition, there may be an opportunity to join one of their clients to be their FC/FD in the medium term.
An entrepreneurial and intelligent individual with strong communication skills. You’ll love numbers and business, enjoy strategy and never want to stand still, continuously improving and innovating.
- Highly numerate with strong excel and presentation skills
- Able to explain and paint a picture to non-finance people
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenge.
- ACA qualified from a top tier firm.
- A proven track record of delivering to deadlines.
- You will have examples of times you have left something better than you found it.
- A sense of humour and a desire to innovate and make business better
- Contributing to thought leadership and driving change.
If you are excited by what you’ve seen here and would like to take this entrepreneurial opportunity forward, please include your CV and a covering note about why you would be the perfect person for the job.