SportPesa - the global brand in cutting-edge sports technology and entertainment has taken over as Everton's new shirt sponsor and is set to create many exciting opportunities on Merseyside at its European headquarters at the Royal Liver Building on the city's waterfront. Those roles will mostly be IT-based, with SportPesa's local partner 'Sportsoft' pushing for a local recruitment drive in Merseyside as part of a long-term vision. We are excited to deliver the familiar local touch to the market that our brand has been known for providing best product, superior customer service and execute on our commitment for global growth.
As a result, our team of trailblazers and innovators is now looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to perform effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy. It is a very important and complex role since an organization can only survive if it actively investigates and safeguards its finances. As CFO, you must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader since all relative departments of the organization will be under their command. The goal is to protect the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth:
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel (controllers, treasurers etc.)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Manage team of financial controllers and financial analysts
The ideal candidate will be professionally qualified, with a BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field (MSc/MBA, Gaming-Sector experience is a plus), with proven international experience as CFO, finance officer or another relevant role. You will have an in-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices and excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods. Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP) you will have the ability to strategize and solve problems. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills, with excellent communication and people skills, have an analytical mind and be comfortable with numbers.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits package for the right individual - the Company’s success is reliant on a flexible and knowledgeable workforce and all employees will be offered access to training and development opportunities and will be encouraged to develop their potential.
Apply, in confidence, quoting reference ‘CFO’ in the subject line. Please provide a brief explanation indicating your suitability for the role and attach a copy of your CV.