Senior Corporate Tax Manager
Are you looking to join a great employer of choice where you will have a challenging and exciting career where your skills and expertise really make a difference to the clients you work with? Menzies LLP is the British Accountancy Awards Winner for 2016 - 'National Firm of the Year' and we are recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Corporation Tax Senior Manager or Manager to be based from the Leatherhead office on either a full time or part time basis.
The job holder works within the corporate tax team in our Leatherhead office and works closely with other specialist taxation services available from within the Menzies group. This is a key leadership role within the Corporate Tax team and reports directly into the Corporate Tax Partner for Leatherhead.
The role will involve working with a range of clients from various industry sectors and will have a significant advisory focus. The client base is primarily privately owned businesses with UK and international aspects and the role will focus around developing the advisory tax offering for existing clients as well as generation of new external work..
The successful candidate will be expected to play a key role in developing and managing the Corporate Tax team with specific focus on mentoring existing assistant managers.
Key aspects of the advisory work include assisting our largely OMB client base with advisory projects such as structuring or restructuring of corporate group’s, exit strategies, shareholder reliefs, international tax advice including coordination with our global network, employee incentives and pro-actively working with clients to ensure tax efficiencies where possible. Experience of some international tax matters would be ideal but is not essential.
The Menzies group as a whole provides a wide range of other accounting, audit and advisory services that are focused on helping business owners achieve their ambitions and businesses achieve their potential. As such, the job holder will provide services to their own client base AND collaborate with colleagues across different departments and services to provide effective, joined up solutions to clients under the leadership of a relationship partner or manager.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
It is for these reasons that we have been recognized in the following areas:
British Accountancy Awards 2016 Winner - National Firm of the Year
Job Crowd Awards 2016 - Best Accountancy Graduate Employer to work for as rated by Graduates
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Deliver client services to a high standard; communicate directly with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
• Assist colleagues and the senior tax team with more complex enquiries as well as the delivery of advisory projects.
• Provide support to partners and relationship managers on relevant client matters or opportunities.
• Ensure planning and cross-selling opportunities are identified and followed up, including the review of opportunities that may be available for existing clients.
• Increase the client base through an organised approach to business development e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base. As part of this the job holder should develop technical/hot topic indicatives that can be delivered to the internal team and also communicated to potential new clients.
• Contribute to effective team working as part of the management team, offering brighter thinking ideas and actively contributing to our ideas culture.
• Coach and mentor the Assistant Managers in the team in developing their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
• Monitor and manage the financial performance of their client portfolio in line with KPIs.
• Ensure the Firm’s technical, ethical and compliance procedures are adhered to in all cases.
• Carry out ad hoc projects and other duties as may be reasonably required.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Market rate base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Employer contribution pension programme
- Flexible working policy (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- CTA qualified
- Experience of working with SME clients at a manager level
- Skills and expertise to operate effectively on an advisory level
- International tax experience (not essential)
- Business development experience
- Proven people management skills and experience
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Senior Manager or Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.