Project Accountant - Construction
For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand, and can deliver the whole process – or just part of it – from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy… We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
THIS IS A 12 MONTH FIXED TERM ROLE
- Process project accounting transactions, analyse project expenditures and any project cost allocations and assist in preparing project management reports including variance analysis, ensuring compliance with internal Project Accounting and Reporting policies and procedures, and providing customer service to all stakeholders when required.
- Process project creation and maintenance transactions, carry out the day to day project creation and maintenance activities and ensure compliance with internal Project Creation and Maintenance policies and procedures, and providing customer service to all stakeholders when required.
- Exercises independent judgement within defined practices and procedures, applies intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve problems of moderate complexity.
- Communicate with the project owner regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and additional services-related to billing
- Ensure compliance to Project Accounting and Reporting policies and procedures and proactively identify and raise non-compliant issues with the Project Accounting Manager
- Analyse incurred project expenditures and process the transfer of expenses into and out of the project-related accounts in an accurate and timely manner
- Analyse all project expenses not billed to customers and report any opportunity for additional billings to the Project Accounting Manager
- Process project and cost re-allocations journals
- Provide assistance to project profitability and variance reporting and notify Project Accounting Manager of any project variances between budget, forecast and actuals
- Provide assistance in preparing additional project reports, statistics and other project management results as required
- Assist in resolving any project accounting related issues and escalate any unresolved issues to Project Accounting Manager when required
- Liaise with the project owners as required to complete any project accounting/ set-up/ maintenance/ close activities and escalate any issues to Project Accounting Manager when required
- Provide high level customer service for any enquiries received from the business in relation to the project accounting/ creation and maintenance activities, maintain effective customer relationships, and raise any escalated issues with the Project Accounting Manager
- Develop and maintain applicable project accounting documentation and supporting procedures and keep up to date
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist with developing and executing training to business users to aid embedment of system enhancements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Part Qualified accountant (ACCA or ACA or equivalent).
- Experience in Finance and Accounting roles (or equivalent level of skill obtained through on the job training/experience).
- Experience in Finance system administration and or shared services functions highly regarded.
- Experience with TM1 / Cognos / Oracle R12 or similar financial accounting system.
- Technical financial skills as required.
- Set-up projects in respective systems (TM1/Cognos, Oracle R12) by selecting a project template and work breakdown structure depending on project type and entering corresponding classifications
- Perform any ongoing maintenance activities required with the initial project set-up
- Assist in closing a project in the respective systems at project closure and close any pending items with the project owner and Finance Business Partner
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of project set-up and maintenance across multiple systems according to group standards
THIS IS A 12 MONTH FIXED TERM ROLE
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.