Senior Internal Auditor
About DP World:
DP World has a portfolio of more than 77 marine terminals across six continents, including new developments underway in India, Africa, Europe and the Middle East. Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue.
In 2015, DP World handled 61.7 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent container units). With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, capacity is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand.
DP World has a dedicated, experienced and professional team of around 30,000 people serving its customers around the world, and the company constantly invests in terminal infrastructure, facilities and people to provide quality services today and tomorrow, when and where customers need them.
In taking this customer-centric approach, DP World is building on the established relationships and superior level of service demonstrated at its flagship Jebel Ali facility in Dubai, which has been voted “Best Seaport in the Middle East” for 20 consecutive years.
Why join us in GIA?
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is responsible for delivering independent internal audit and assurance services globally across our entire global DP World portfolio.
As DP World further evolves as a leading enabler of global trade, you, as a Senior Internal Auditor, will have the opportunity to fully contribute to the change transformation. We are focused on partnering with the business to help manage risk and to identify simple, practical solutions to improve DP World’s controls, processes and governance.
A role within GIA offers unrivalled access to executive management and insight into operations of our Group, and opportunities to audit in overseas locations across the 44 countries we operate in.
GIA is committed to continuous learning and development of ourselves and the processes we audit. Over the past year, in addition to our audit plan, GIA has audited areas including sustainability, culture, strategy and provided independent guidance on risks in cyber security, social media and regulations including UK Bribery Act and Modern Slavery Act.
- Deliver high quality internal audit engagements from start to finish (preplanning to wrap up) at any and all locations across the DP World Group;
- Apply proficient risk and control knowledge to all scenarios encountered and identify all significant potential issues by analysing operations, reviewing compliance, recommending controls and auditing safeguards;
- Communicate audit findings and draft audit reports to Global Internal Audit (GIA) and business management and to our Audit Committee that inspire constructive change through the recommendations; and
- Lead other diverse internal projects which enhance GIA’s critical success factors including, but not limited to: lean auditing, data analytics for continuous auditing, continuous improvement.
- Work with the GIA team or independently on audits of DP World business units, regional offices or head office departments with a core focus on financial & operational processes and controls;
- Supervise and/or execute audits from start to finish, where directed by GIA Managers or the Chief Internal Auditor (“CIA”), delivering high impact audit reviews addressing key DP World risks;
- Produce high quality draft reports on findings and recommendations from audits to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in an effective and timely manner; and ultimately reported to the DP World Audit Committee as mandated;
- Plan and document all audits in line with GIA audit procedures to ensure delivery of risk-based audits;
- Continually strive to draft and develop Audit Work programmes for effective and comprehensive audits;
- Keep abreast of changes in legal and regulatory environment which may impact our audit work and advise GIA Managers/CIA if Audit Work Programmes require revision or update;
- Present audit conclusions to business unit management as necessary; this may be in a Boardroom through PowerPoint presentations to managers or directors;
- Research and identify examples of organisational best practices in and outside the group; flag these to the GIA team for sharing across borders;
- Encourage the understanding of Group Policies (existing and amended) at sites visited;
- Manage core aspects of our internal GIA Quality and Assurance Improvement Program to help improve our quality, effectiveness and efficiency in our audits;
The Senior Internal Auditor is a critical role within GIA since the audit role involves execution of audits in line with a Board approved audit plan. These may be based in Dubai Head Office or at International Locations during the audit fieldwork. The Senior Internal Auditor will be working as part of a team, or alone as directed. The Senior Internal Auditor will be required to deliver all audit findings directly to local/regional management onsite.
A role within GIA offers unrivalled access to executive management and insight into operations of our Group, and opportunities to audit in overseas locations across the 44 countries we operate in. Our audit universe covers ALL business processes present in the DP World Group: financial, operational, IT, regulatory compliance, and other areas such as sustainability, culture, strategy, cyber security, social media and mobile devices.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
You have an:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance-related field
- Chartered Accountant, ACA or equivalent i.e. CPA/MBA
You might also have:
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) designation;
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) designation
You can demonstrate (with examples) that you:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ strong experience in auditing (external and/or internal);
- Are fully aware of all the IIA IPPF standards; you are extremely proficient and knowledgeable in applying internal control concepts, including COSO on a variety of audit projects;
- Are well versed in Risk Management best practices;
- Can identify technical accounting issues in Financial Reporting under IFRS;
- Successfully juggle multiple projects at the same time; you deliver quality results by deadlines and are comfortable working with all sorts of styles of team members;
- Are experienced in using data analytics in your audit work and understand the challenges and benefits these tools can provide (E.g. ACL/Qlikview).
You might also have:
- Experience in the marine terminal industry;
- Experience and interest in auditing non-financial topics (e.g. sustainability, communications etc.);
- ‘Big 4’ experience - desirable
- Strong communication skills - You are an exceptional listener. You communicate clearly. You write exceptionally well and you speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone. You’re comfortable on the phone or to groups of people – at any level. You are incredibly tactful when delivering the facts.
- Problem solving - You enjoy solving problems. Getting to the root cause. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative, innovative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- Detail oriented - You pay strong attention to the details as it is one of your core qualities. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills - you can identify gaps in logic and underlying causes of issues; you think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly.
- Strong collaborator - You can work independently because you self-manage, with limited direction and guidance, but you also enjoy collaborating across dynamic and multi-cultural teams and are personable, helpful and incredibly organised
- Results oriented - You are proactive in handling competing priorities and meet your deadlines and commitments; you always demonstrate a “can do” positive attitude
- Confidentiality - You consider and protect the confidentiality of company data at ALL times;
- IT skills - You are highly proficient in the full Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio;
- Flexibility to travel - You are ready to travel between 30 - 50% of the time across the globe to our operations to perform audits on site;
- Languages - You speak and write fluent English – additional languages are a bonus, in particular Arabic, Spanish, French, Mandarin, Hindi.
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: You will work within the GIA audit team which has financial, operational and IT auditors.
You will work alongside Enterprise Risk Management and Fraud Risk Services which forms part of our department. You will communicate and partner with the Business Unit and Regional Management on audits
External: You will develop good working relationships with External auditors, Dubai World GIA Audit and Government Auditors
FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES AND DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Reporting to the Senior Manager GIA, you will be responsible to run audits from start to finish and to follow the GIA procedures in delivering high quality audits and clear supported audit findings, with recommendations to GIA Managers or CIA directly. You will be working within a team environment when on-site to ensure all work allocated is covered and important issues are highlighted in line with the audit timetable.
How do you apply for the vacancy?
If you wish to view and apply for this vacancy, please follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.dpworld.com website
- Select the Careers at DP World section
- Search for ‘Opportunities HO and Global’
- Look for vacancy number VAC4028 - Senior Internal Auditor
- Apply for the vacancy by following the on-line instructions
Once your CV has been submitted you will receive an email to confirm receipt of your application.
Thank you for considering DP World as a potential employer and we wish you the best in your future career.
DP World – Corporate Head Office