Menzies LLP is actively looking to identify a very talented individual to be our new Audit Senior to be based from the Solent office on the south coast in Hampshire. This is a key role within a growing and dynamic firm where you will provide a high quality service to the Managers and Partners and develop strong client relations. This position offers an excellent opportunity to obtain audit experience in a variety of sectors together with scope for career development.
Our clients are predominately privately-owned businesses operating in various sectors including, but not limited to, technology, manufacturing, property & construction, logistics, professional services, manufacturing, with a typical annual turnover of £5m to £30m.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required.
- Co-ordinate fieldwork at clients including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Communicating and building relationships with clients and related third parties.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Business development including promoting the firm and its services to the existing client base and prospects.
- Development and supervision of trainees.
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills with senior staff and clients.
- Motivated to take responsibility of the role and maintain a high level of quality service across all competencies.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Minimum 3 years experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice.
- Experience of leading external audit assignments from fieldwork to completion stages under International Standards on Auditing.
- Experience of preparing accounts in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office suite – Intermediate/Advanced user of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of software systems Caseware, Sage Line 50.
- Experience of preparing Group accounts.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit Senior then apply online ASAP.