Corporate Finance Executive
Are you looking for a great Corporate Finance role? This is an ideal opportunity for a talented Corporate Finance professional looking for their first Manager level opportunity focusing on Lead Advisory, based out of the central London office. This is a key role within a growing and dynamic firm and this exciting position will work very closely with the Corporate Finance Director & Partner and you will form part of the wider Menzies Corporate Finance team.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Menzies Corporate Finance
Menzies Corporate Finance (MCF) provides a full range of advisory services including buying and selling companies, undertaking due diligence, report writing, valuations, financial modelling, business appraisals, deal negotiation, capital raising and consultancy. Focused primarily on privately owned businesses with an enterprise value of between £1m and £50m, this small but dynamic team offer individual and specialist attention normally associated with a specialist corporate finance boutique.
MCF is supported by the advisory team found within Menzies LLP to provide a full service offering normally only associated with a Top 10 firm. In addition to having won the ‘Best Business for Training and Development’ Award at the South London Business Awards 2010, The Menzies Group was also recently voted as one of the top 10 UK accountancy employers in the ‘Accountancy Age Best Employers Survey’.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report writing (e.g. Preparation of Information Memorandums, business plans etc.);
- Spread sheet and financial modelling (e.g. cash flow / financing models);
- M&A analysis (e.g. identification of potential acquisition targets or buyers);
- Valuation support and analysis;
- Researching, preparing and supporting presentations/sales pitches for new business;
- Liaising with clients, funders and intermediaries during execution of transactions;
- Preparation of analysis and investigations relating to due diligence assignments;
- Relationship building with local intermediary market (banks, lawyers etc.);
- Actively assisting in the promotion of the firms networking activities.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- 2 to 5 years Corporate Finance experience working for a professional services firm or Boutique Corporate Finance business.
- An excellent communicator who can evidence their ability to build and maintain long-term and established relationships.
- Gregarious & extroverted character
- Business Development acumen.
- Excellent time management skill.
- Advanced IT skills (MS Excel, VB applications).
- Demonstrable experience of systems and procedures.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Corporate Finance Executive/Manager then apply online ASAP.
No Agencies Required for this role.