Menzies LLP is recruiting for a talented audit professional who is looking to secure an Audit Manager position to be based from the Heathrow office in Egham, Surrey. This is a key role within a growing and dynamic firm, you will be required to manage audits with turnover up to £50M. This is a key role within a strong team and there is the aspiration this role will develop into a partner of the future.
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a top 20 accountancy firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
We operate out of a network of offices across Surrey, Hampshire, Cardiff and London, providing our clients with easy access and local knowledge.
Many of our clients are expanding overseas and benefit from the outward perspective we can provide via our active membership of HLB International.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
It is for these reasons that we have been recognized in the following areas:
British Accountancy Awards 2016 Winner - National Firm of the Year
Job Crowd Awards 2016 - Best Accountancy Graduate Employer to work for as rated by Graduates
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Management of client portfolio including: Statutory audits; accounts preparation; general advisory and attendance at client meetings.
* Planning, reviewing and managing audits, experience in specialist audits is desirable but not essential e.g. FSA registered, solicitors, charities and schools.
* Review of statutory accounts prepared under FRS102, experience in IFRS is desirable.
* Completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
* Marketing, including prospect follow ups, organising and attending local events, and opportunity to be involved in sector specific marketing.
* Liaison with other specialist service lines as required.
* Liaise with overseas auditors and advisors.
* Informally mentor 3 trainees and formally mentor 2 qualified members of staff, holding regular meetings and assisting with objective setting and personal development.
* Manage WIP, monthly billing and debtors.
We can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- A highly competitive base salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus a strong benefits package including buying & selling holiday, life assurance, pension, income protection, private medical, childcare vouchers and ongoing training opportunities.
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Required Skills & Attributes:
* ACA or ACCA qualified (degree not essential)
* Minimum of five years in an Accountancy Practice
* Experience of substantive auditing, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures including consolidations.
As well as being able to prepare and review completed audit files for a large variety of clients to a high standard, the ideal candidate would be a good communicator and be able to deal confidently and effectively with both clients and staff alike. They should be able to cope with jobs where the records are not straight forward, and should be able to work within deadlines and budgets.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Audit Manager then apply online ASAP.