Group Financial Controller
Delamode Group is at an exciting time in its expansion with growth from acquisitions, additional organic business and the expectation to move towards an AIM listing. To support its growth, the group is seeking to appoint a Group Financial Controller to be based at its Braintree offices. Delamode operates in supply chain, logistics and freight activities including a pallet network in Romania and the provision of financial services to hauliers in many countries of operation. Turnover is in excess of £75m with operations in the UK, Baltics and Balkan countries, predominantly Romania.
Reporting to the Group CFO, the Group Financial Controller will have responsibility for:-
- Group consolidations through management of the month end reporting process
- Compliance with local regulatory requirements including statutory reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting across the group
- Monitoring and reporting on business unit performance and key commercial factor.
- Involvement in acquisitions and integration within the group
- Working closely with the IT departments to ensure integrity of the finance software is maintained at all times
Secondary responsibilities and accountabilities as required are to:
- Review, report and advise on capital expenditure requests
- Review, report and advise on investment proposals and due diligence
- Support negotiations across the corporate activities of a group holding company
- Ensure all companies have appropriate insurance programmes
- Confirmation of implementation of Internal and External Audit recommendations.
- Ensure optimum fiscal management and structures for all group companies
- Review and advise (and if necessary to support) commercial negotiations
- Such other and ad hoc actions as required by the Board
Key attributes required:
- Appropriate professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or overseas equivalent)
- Significant period of experience as a senior financial and commercial executive in a comparable business environment
- Demonstrable understanding of the complexities of an international group trading in transactional and contractual activities
- Willingness to travel to undertake all responsibilities
- Maintain independence of thought and actions.
- Ability to influence management teams and management decisions by constructive arguments and information.
- Attention to detail; time management; follow up of key actions
- Reliable; trustworthy; honesty; integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills in a multi cultural group including communication both orally and in writing
- Influence by consensus and leadership by example.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or overseas equivalent) with a demonstrable track record in all aspects of the role. The role requires strong leadership, team management and influencing skills. Some travel to non UK operations is required.
Robert Walters are acting as a retained agency on this role, any CVs sent will be forwarded to Robert Walters