Senior Manager, Finance Operations
Managing the Procurement, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable, Data and Systems Support functions and administering the AMEX Credit Card program and delivering services in accordance with Service Level targets.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day operational activities of the Finance Operations function.
• Ensure the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis is provided with complete and accurate input into the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Perform reconciliation and analysis of assigned balance sheet accounts and preparation of journal entries and expense analyses as required.
• Act to implement sound internal accounting controls, policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement service level targets internal and external to Finance Operations.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and be accountable for the delivery of service in accordance with service delivery targets.
• Provide back office support for the KPMG British Virgin Islands (BVI) office as reviewer of work done by the BVI Assistant and finisher of financial file.
• Prepare Financial Statements for Cayman, BVI and other entities.
• Develop, train and lead the Data, Systems and Support function in the provision of front line support (Tier 1) for users of the Finance and Practice Management systems.
• Work with end users and prepare scope and specification for continuous improvements and enhancements and move these through the life-cycle to the successful deployment for users.
• Work with Information Services (IS) to resolve technology issues and prioritize resolution and fixes.
• Stay abreast of new releases to Finance and Practice Management systems software, evaluate and advise of benefits for the organization and
• Identify issues with the quality of practice management data and general ledger systems data i Work with Finance and business staff to develop solutions to ensure a high level of data quality.
• Ensure staff are adequately trained according to KPMG Global minimum training hours per year in addition to specific needs of staff in the department.
• Lead special projects or other ad hoc assignments as required by Director.
• Identify opportunities for innovation to improve operational effectiveness.
Desired skills and experience:
• CPA / Fully Qualified Accountant of a recognized professional accounting body
• Minimum of five years’ experience of leading Finance Teams with a minimum of three years in Finance Operations
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office to an intermediate level