Project Manager - Financial Reporting Lab team
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is the UK’s independent regulator responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment.
The Financial Reporting Lab brings together investors and prepares of financial statements to consider ways to improve corporate reporting. It does so by:
- Engaging with senior stakeholders in reporting from across the investment community, listed companies, government, standard setters, regulators, and the audit and legal professions.
- Working with companies and investors to develop pragmatic solutions to current reporting needs.
- Facilitating dialogue, discussing challenges that a proposed change might present, reviewing the effectiveness of various reporting models, and profiling innovations that improve corporate reporting.
- Publishing reports on its findings to encourage improvements and promote best practice.
Individual projects undertaken by the Lab may run for a few months to a number of years. We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager, who will manage and assist with delivery of the projects. The Lab is a relatively small and colaborative team providing an opportunity for the right individial to make a real impact.
Key responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing Lab projects which involve:
- Managing the research and technical analysis phase of a project and leveraging the knowledge and networks within the FRC, Steering Group, and others within the wider stakeholder community.
- Developing and presenting project materials to generate input from investors and companies on each project.
- Interviewing companies, investors and others and/or leading roundtables with the aim of gathering sufficient evidence to report project outcomes that are credible.
- Analysing input from project participants and developing Lab project reports for publication.
The Project manager will also be required to build a network of stakeholders and participate in outreach to promote the Lab’s activities within the FRC and externally, using all appropriate means of communication (including presenting at external events, writing articles for newspapers and trade magazines, and through the FRC’s website).
Skills and experience required
The role would suit a professionally qualified financial analyst (CFA or equivalent) or accountant (ACA or equivalent) with experience and knowledge of Corporate Reporting requirements. Knowledge of the investment process and the use of corporate reporting by investors and analysts would be an advantage.
The key skills required in the role are as follows:
- Ability to develop respect and influential relationships with senior stakeholders in corporate reporting – strong networking and engagement skills and the confidence to chair/lead meetings with key stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse and assess primary and secondary research evidence and use such evidence to develop credible project outputs.
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to articulate topics and issues to a broad range of people from commercial, investment, and regulatory backgrounds.
- Effective leadership, organisation and project management skills; able to manage concurrent projects and activities successfully. Ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Enthusiastic and energetic, passionate about improving corporate reporting to better meet needs of the investment and corporate communities.
The role is based in our Central London Office but may involve a small amount of UK and overseas travel.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, with generous benefits, discretionary annual bonus and 30 days annual leave plus ability to buy extra leave
- The FRC has a strong work/ life balance ethos.
- This is a full time role but part time would be considered for the right candidate
This role is open to internal and external candidates
Interested candidates should apply with a copy of their CV together with a covering letter