Permanent Staff: Accounts Manager
Full Time or Part Time Role (4 Days per Week)
Qualifications required: ACA or ACCA
Salary Band: £35,000- £45,000
Full Time or Part Time Role (4 days a week) for a qualified accountant (ACCA or ICAEW) with general practice experience to become our Accounts Department Manager in a growing Southampton accountancy firm with an audit company. Suitable for return to work accountants.
This is an exciting role for an entrepreneurial candidate with a good all round skill set who may want a change from a big firm environment or who already has good general practice experience and is looking for a challenge.
We have an interesting client base and good long term career prospects for a candidate who has good technical, interpersonal, leadership and commercial skills with interests in added value client service, to develop existing and new business. You will be managing a team of part qualified and trainee staff and working alongside other qualified staff.
The successful candidate will come from a practice background and must have staff supervision, review and management experience.
This is a client facing role involving:
- Planning, budgeting and managing bookkeeping, VAT, payroll and accounts preparation plus general tax compliance
- Supervision and training of staff
- Dealing with client meeting and telephone calls
- Identifying added value services opportunities
- Being part of the management and business development team
- Maintaining our service offering through our corporate objectives
You should be able to:
- Budget, supervise, manage and review staff bookkeeping & payroll using Sage & Xero
- Prepare statutory compliant accounts using accounting software and undertake the associated tax compliance work
- Plan, manage, undertake work and review of work by using the firm’s systems to ensure we maintain a steady workflow, calling for work from client in an organised and planned fashion to execute clients work is a timely fashion, managing expectations and demonstrating added value
- See added value opportunities for existing and prospective clients in order to service their requirements better and thus to provide additional services
- Supervise and train staff whilst they take their professional examinations
- Undertake confidently practice development activities and contribute towards the process of winning new clients and improving contributing to maintaining our website which we are about to update
- Be a team player engaging with other managers at regular meetings and sharing your ideas and enthusiasm
- Continue your professional development and life long learning to improve your business skills and have an interest in current affairs
- Systematically organise your work be able to manage your time to meet deadlines and multitask where necessary
- Listen carefully to clients and instructions
- Have interests outside work and maintain a work life balance.
You will be managing a team of 2/3 full time staff in training and liaising with the tax department and other qualified accountants and partners. This is a great opportunity for someone who is technically excellent, interested in providing really good quality work for clients, team player and is looking for a challenge to join a firm with good long term entrepreneurial partnership/directorship prospects.
The role may be full time or part time working 4 days a week.
The core full time hours will be 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday for full time.
The core part time hours will be 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Thursday.
Apply for Accounts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly