Property Fund Accounts - Team Leader - London
PROPERTY FUND ACCOUNTS - TEAM LEADER - REAL ESTATE - LONDON - £65,000 - £67,000 - OUR CLIENT is an international asset management firm which has successfully managed investments of institutional and single clients for almost 9 decades. The company has an excellent reputation for providing expertise across all principal asset classes and for multiple funds. The current requirement is for an experienced senior Accountant to assume a Team Leader position within the Property Funds team and manage for the full provision of financial control and oversight.
- Line management responsibility for a Fund Controller and a Financial Accountant.
- Responsible for setting objectives, carrying out appraisals, performance management and supporting the career development of the team.
- Responding to queries from prospective fund investors relating to performance, NAV calculation etc.
- Meeting with prospective investors to respond to due diligence questions relating to financial operations.
- Assisting with the launch of the new line of business in separate accounts, joint ventures and club deals.
- Oversight of the team reviewing and approving monthly/quarterly NAVs, management accounts, prices, distribution calculations and other financial information prepared by outsourced service providers.
- Preparing performance reporting files for each fund, as well as reporting to the CSSF and INREV.
- Carrying out a final review of all financial statements for the funds/mandates and all subsidiaries, prior to their presentation to the respective boards.
- Responsible for issues resolution and attendance at bi-annual relationship meetings.
- Overseeing the team in the preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts for the funds.
- Review and presentation of papers for Board and Audit Committee meetings.
- Attendance at quarterly Board meetings of the funds' management companies in multiple jurisdictions.
- Review of quarterly investor reports.
- Attendance at bi-annual Investor Day presentations.
- Responding to investor queries relating to performance, NAV calculation etc.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting service delivery to separate account clients, including meeting their bespoke reporting requirements.
- Coordination and review of financial due diligence in relation to asset acquisitions and disposals; supporting the team with the on-boarding of new acquisitions.
- Input into the drafting of SPAs for corporate acquisitions to ensure clients' interests are protected.
- Reviewing of drafting of legal agreements in relation to complex transactions, to ensure commercial terms support desired accounting treatment.
- Supporting the arrangement of internal financing, e.g. review of funding diagrams and management of funding lines and movement of cash through the fund structure.
Liaison with tax advisors to maximise cash repatriation whilst minimising tax leakage.
THE PERSON: In order to apply, you MUST be a qualified accountant with strong technical knowledge of IFRS and ideally with experience of supervising staff. The chosen candidate will have previous property financial accounting experience and solid understanding of the industry. You will also possess strong analytical skills and be able to understand, question and challenge a range of financial data. This will be a highly visible role so requires someone with an approachable personality, strong focus and first class communication skills.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.