Head of Financial Planning
As a trusted advisor to members of the Bupa Global Executive team, the Head of Financial Planning will lead on planning and forecasting for Bupa Global. By building strong relationships and best practice processes you will drive robust, insightful and accurate business projections that will guide strategic decision making and resource allocation.
- Provide all forecast and 3 years plan projections, and surrounding analysis, to the Bupa Global Commercial Finance Director and members of the Bupa Global Executive Committee.
- Make regular decisions / provide guidance and advice, in support of business needs in line with existing policies and procedures.
- Work hand in hand with Head of MI and Analysis, you are targeting best practice information across Bupa and against external benchmarks.
- Lead on defining and coordinating the annual planning process for Bupa Global.
- Own a best practice forecasting model/process, ensuring full ownership across business functions and driver based activity projection, linking to strategy.
- Build strong relationships at all levels across Bupa Global functions and the Finance Team. Establish trust with stakeholders.
- Act as a “bridge” for financial information with non-finance stakeholders.
- Identify information and reporting needs for the presentation of projected performance, ensuring appropriate decisions are being derived.
- Take lead oversight for consistency and accuracy of forecasting and planning MI and process globally, ensuring accountability for accuracy at source ownership.
- Lead on process improvement and transformation.
- Work closely with Commercial Finance colleagues across Global regions to ensure consistency, best practice, and achievement of efficiency across all regions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Post graduate qualification / Membership of recognised professional body.
- Qualified accountant or significant demonstrable relevant experience
- Experienced professional with relevant transferable skills gained from working within large multinational or complex organisations.
- High calibre financial understanding and capability, with a clear commercial awareness.
- A track record of personal and career growth through exceeding expectations and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to bridge financial knowledge-gaps.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, building, strengthening and influencing relationships across all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business drivers and apply those drivers to effectively project business performance.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop business performance reporting on financial and non-financial data, providing clear and insightful information for decision making.
- Adaptable to business change and a fast paced environment with a growth agenda.
- Proven initiative and desire to contribute beyond the core expectations of the role.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Team player.
- Willing to provide support, advice, and assistance in the development of colleagues.
Experience working in insurance will be viewed favourably, however is not essential for candidates able to demonstrate sufficient understanding and transferability.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.