As Finance Analyst, you will have a deep understanding of cost drivers, producing high quality MI and trading analysis, and robust planning / forecasting. You will bring a motivated “best practice” mind set to the team, challenging existing processes, controls, and identifying efficiencies that positively impact Bupa Global’s performance.
Working across a broad spectrum of stakeholders (Executive leaders, Heads of Finance etc.), you will build strong relationships and evidence your skills in influencing and workload management.
- Produce robust and informative cost reporting to enhance strategic decision making in the business.
- Work closely with cost centre managers and Finance Business Partners to identify opportunities for maximising spend effectiveness and keeping costs tightly managed.
- Ensure that required MI and trading analysis is prepared and delivered timely and accurately.
- Take a proactive approach to modify/develop MI and trading analysis to meet the strategic requirements of the business.
- Ensure a high level of communication with Finance Business Partners in region to raise affinity and address issues quickly.
- Deal with requests for ad hoc trading/cost/MI reporting on a timely basis and embed as standard reporting if required.
- Prepare robust and detailed planning documents and analysis as required, with assumptions detailed to ensure transparency of calculation.
- Assist with meeting the requirements of internal/external audit, where relevant
- Where relevant, document, standardise, streamline and automate the reporting processes within the Team.
- Work closely with the other teams in Finance to ensure issues that impact the wider team are communicated, with clear actions to resolve.
- Assist in shaping and implementing enhancements to reporting systems and processes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant, or part-qualified with aspiration to qualify, with relevant experience.
- Open to individuals looking for first role in industry from Big 4
- Experience in a planning and analysis role, ideally in a multi-currency, global environment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of insurance reporting would be highly advantageous.
- Highly numerate with ability to process financial data quickly, and strong attention to detail.
- Evidence of pro-active approach to improving/standardising/automating reporting and MI.
- Track record of working effectively within a team environment.
- Track record of achieving and exceeding targeted objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with emphasis on achieving results and successful outcomes.
- Strong stakeholder management experience, with the ability to build and strengthen relationships.
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
As a leading global health and care company, we offer health insurance, medical subscription and other health and care funding products; we run care homes, retirement and care villages, primary care, diagnostic and wellness centres, hospitals and dental clinics. We also provide workplace health services, home healthcare, health assessments and long-term condition management services. We have 32M customers in 190 countries. With no shareholders, we invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare and fulfil our purpose. We employ 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, New Zealand and Chile, as well as Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, India, Thailand, and the USA.
We have grown significantly, particularly through 2013 to 2015, when we accelerated execution of our Bupa 2020 strategic vision. We are similar in revenue and profit to Marks & Spencer, and larger than Heinz in revenue. Because Bupa does not have shareholders it does not have a listing, but if it did it would be in the FTSE 100. Bupa is not a mutual or a charity but a company limited by guarantee that seeks to maximise its profits in order to fulfil its purpose. With customers in virtually every country in the world and 70% of its revenues now generated outside the UK, Bupa is a truly international organisation.
Bupa believes that the growth and performance of our leaders and our people is the single biggest pathway to fulfilling our purpose (longer, healthier, happier lives) and delivering Bupa’s 2020 goals. We have a leadership framework called “Bupa Leaders Are” which sets out what great leadership looks like at Bupa. Leaders are called upon to grow themselves, to grow others, to grow the business, and fulfil our purpose: longer, healthier, happier, lives. We are looking for individuals who are capable of delivering extraordinary business outcomes.
Bupa’s International Markets (IM) unit has 16 million customers in 190 countries across all continents around the world. It manages a portfolio of businesses, including a large international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance business called Bupa Global, as well as established domestic health insurance businesses in Hong Kong and Thailand, two associate health insurance companies in Saudi Arabia (26.25% Bupa ownership) and India (49% Bupa ownership), and Hong Kong’s largest private clinic network.
Bupa Global provides products and services worldwide to people who want access to premium health and care at home or as they study, live, travel or work abroad. We provide international health insurance, travel insurance and medical assistance to individuals, small businesses and global corporate customers all around the world.
Bupa Global has over 1,800 employees and has offices in London and Brighton (UK), Miami (USA), Copenhagen (Denmark), Hong Kong (Greater China), and Dubai (UAE), as well as in Egypt, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Bolivia, Panama, Guatemala and Ecuador. Bupa Global is currently organised around five regional hubs: Bupa Global Middle East, Africa and India; Bupa Global Greater China; Bupa Global Latin America; Bupa Global North America and Bupa Global Europe.