Our mission is to bring the world's best-loved local restaurants into everyone's home or office - fast.
We work with hundreds of the UK's best loved restaurants, including names like Carluccio's, GBK, Nando's, Rossopomodoro and many top quality independents to deliver their food to homes and offices everywhere. Our customers are as passionate about great food as we are, including an ever-growing number of large and prestigious firms.
Roobox- a mobile kitchen providing restaurant food quality from exclusive restaurants and those best loved restaurants. This is the new beginning of food Delivery! we have successfully created a concept that can be focused on the wider market and hit those difficult areas enabling Deliveroo to be the No.1 Food Delivery Company.
The primary role of the Commercial Accountant is to lead management reporting for 2 lines of business in UK while monitoring performance against budgets. Other duties will include:
- Owning the monthly close for 2 lines of business for UK, driving forward timely reporting to assist the business owners
- Liaising with the operations teams to ensure accurate reporting
- Developing and implementing financial controls and monitoring spend against budget
- Assisting the Finance Manager, UK, EIRE & USA and Group Financial Controller with various ad hoc projects
You will need to build your own team as Roobox continues to grow and succeed, and will need to demonstrate a true entrepreneurial flair and ability to work autonomously.
You’ll have a sound technical understanding from your accountancy training in an environment working with IFRS and UK working practises. You’ll have some appreciation of good business practices. You’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn. You’ll preferably have some experience in inventory management and be familiar with licensing arrangements. preferably have worked in a fast food company with some experience in asset and inventory management and be familiar with licensing arrangements. You'll be:
- Adaptable, driven, hardworking and proactive individual
- Collaborative and enjoy working in a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Country specific accounting qualification required
- Interest in food, restaurants and tech start-up businesses
- Strong organisational skills & excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Experience with NetSuite desirable
- Experience working in a start-up environment advantageous
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up changing the food delivery landscape
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners and regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Please note this role is London based
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food
Apply for Commercial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly