Senior Internal Auditor – International Markets
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for working within the Internal Audit team to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board and the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Bupa’s risk management, control and governance processes.
Accountabilities and Activities (Principal):
This individual will be responsible for:
- Assisting Bupa in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes.
- Undertaking special project work, or line responsibilities in emergencies,
- Provide an internal consultancy service that may be used by Bupa management, particularly in the areas of specialist knowledge.
In addition to the above, this individual will be accountable for the following:
- Lead the planning and execution of audits across Bupa’s businesses under the scope of the Internal Audit team suggesting changes to decrease risk, cost and increase control in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology, processes and procedures
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for control improvement, providing appropriate findings to a high standard
- Deliver high quality reports of the results of completed audits to management through excellent verbal and written communication
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plans and provision of advice to the business around audit
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment taking responsibility for audit planning and development of the audit program, preparing all relevant audit papers and reports and presenting to the business
- Oversight of analysts on individual audits including allocation and review of audit work as well as day to day support and advice
We are looking for an ambitious individual who will be proactive in keeping abreast of new developments affecting internal audit work, be responsive to changing business needs, and strives for continuous improvement.
The individual should have a desire to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including management and Risk & Compliance teams in order to maximize effectiveness, identify synergies and resolve implementation issues.
The job holder should be:
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, PIIA, CMIIA or equivalent) if from the UK or equivalent overseas qualification.
- A good educational record up to and including degree level.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques e.g. flowcharting, interviewing, presentation.
- Significant and diverse internal audit experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working independently on internal audit reviews as well as in a team environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong interest in and good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses.
In addition the job holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Business acumen as demonstrated through the execution of audits in a customer mindset.
- Technical skills and experience in an audit environment recognising what good audit looks like.
- Governance, risk & control mindset and understanding of how audit fits into the 3LOD framework to keep Bupa safe.
- Communication skills that support commercial outcomes and drive a high quality audit.
- Teamwork to support working as ‘One Bupa’ global team.