If you’re inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then working with Prudential as a Principal Auditor could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to:
interact with senior management from across Prudential UK;
gain an overall understanding of the Prudential UK business;
work in a fast-paced environment;
becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision; and
be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
Our Group-wide Internal Audit function assists management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the business through the assessment and reporting of the overall effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes; and identifying opportunities for improvement in those processes and controls.
The main purpose of the role will be assisting the Head of Distribution, Offshore, Risk and HR Audit to in leading full audits and supporting Audit Managers by taking responsibility for sections of larger audits.
Your role will include:
- Collating and reviewing information on the area being audited;
- Interviewing the management responsible for the area being audited to understand processes followed and to discuss potential audit observations;
- Writing and reviewing working papers to ensure they comply with the agreed standards and discussing findings and draft observations with the Audit Manager and the Head of Audit;
- Drafting internal audit reports and assisting with finalising the findings and observations with audit management and management responsible for the area being audited;
- Building strong and effective working relationships with senior management, teams and external auditors;
- Assisting the Audit Manager and Head of Audit provide briefings to the Audit Director on Distribution, Offshore, Risk and HR topics ahead of committee meetings; and
- Assisting with the annual planning exercise to identify the areas of highest risk within Prudential and they key areas that should be audited.
Skills & Attributes Required:
- Relevant Professional Qualification (ideally Internal Audit or Accountancy);
- Good knowledge of UK Life Insurance market & experience of consumer and corporate sales activity risk;
- Good knowledge of UK relevant regulation;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and the wider business;
- Good judgement i.e. know when to escalate issues to senior management;
- Strong project management skills;
- Desire to stay abreast of key developments in the insurance market; and
- Motivation to develop self and coach other less experienced members of the audit team.
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers. As a Prudential colleague you’ll get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll join an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.