This job is no longer available
Commercial Finance Analyst - Hays Plc
65,000 plus bonus and benefits
New Malden, South London (with travel to regions)
Hays plc is a leading global professional recruiting group, listed in London with a market cap of c. 1 billion. Hays is expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific.
Reporting directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis this is a pure 'business partnering' position in which you will be working closely with Regional Managing and Sales Directors, providing insightful analysis to help the business formulate actions and broader strategy. In this role you will build effective working relationships with all internal stakeholders through commercial knowledge of how finance can support and drive the strategy of the business.
In order to apply for this position you will be a Qualified accountant, preferably big 4 background or CIMA, with demonstrable career progression. You will have exceptional analytical and intellectual ability and be able to deal with complexity and provide opinion that adds real value to the business. Key to this position is your ability to communicate with and influence non-financial, mainly sales-led personnel. You will be a natural presenter and a self-motivated, dynamic and commercial individual.
Commercial Analysis and Recommendations
Develop an in depth knowledge of the relevant regions and specialist businesses, working with operational management to identify and agree actions to improve business performance.
• Produce accurate, relevant and timely commercial analysis and interpretation of information to support the Director of FP&A and Commercial Finance Director, and regional management through regular insightful management accounts analysis as well as ongoing projects.
• Monitor actual results vs. budget and forecasts, providing relevant analysis, insight and recommendations
• Produce supporting business information as appropriate for presentation at the operations meetings
Budget and Forecast Management
• Build budgets and forecasts at regional and specialism level and monitor performance against them
• Develop, implement and carry out budgeting, forecasting, business planning procedures and reporting activities
• Run weekly forecast reviews and update group forecasting from these
• Provide commercial support to front office, operations and regional management
• Support the Operational management teams on key projects and finance related issues, liaising with business teams in regions to obtain and/or provide required information and data
• Investigate and project manage ad hoc business requirements, e.g. ad hoc requests / projects arising from management discussions such as trend analysis
• Support Commercial Finance Analyst team for other regions and specialisms
• Ensure all regional activities are aligned to the Finance Vision statements i.e. operate a world class finance function, first class customer service
• Ensure regional activities are aligned to SSC operational policies and procedures
• Enforce and communicate Hays Group Finance policy and ensure controls are maintained