Factory Finance Manager
Maison Blanc is a authentic Boulangerie and patisserie. Maison Blanc owns 14 shops serving a selection of freshly baked artisan breads, pastries, savouries, and of course our world famous cakes and patisserie - all hand finished to perfection and simply bursting with seasonal flavour. It is part of the KFG Group, which has a UK turnover budgeted at around 51m for 2012. The Maison Blanc business has budgeted sales in excess of 13m, reflecting an increase of 11% with ambitious plan for growth.
They are looking to strengthen their finance team with the appointment of a Factory Finance Manager for their site in Park Royal. This is a brand new role and will be pivotal in terms of business partnering with the Factory Manager, Retail Operations Managers and other senior stakeholders in the KFG group.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 5-6 team members to deliver improved financial controls. You will be a self starter with the ability to generate robust and effective information to facilitate the growth of the business and enable the business to make strategic decisions. You will ensure timely and accurate performance reporting to the UK Management team and the parent company in Kuwait.
You will also
- Take the lead in developing a recently implemented ERP system, which provides standard cost variance reporting and profitability by product and customer
- Lead and develop a finance team covering purchase ledger, sales ledger, credit control, banking and reporting data from shops
- Coordinate the Maison Blanc annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process.
- Deliver accurate weekly P&L based reporting for bakery and restaurants, including developing of KPI monitoring to drive cost control and profitability
- Timely preparation and review of audit files, non-statutory financial statements and annual financial statements
- Act as key liaison for all Maison Blanc financial matters, including support to UK Group Finance, KFG in Kuwait and external auditors in the UK and Kuwait
Experience and Skills Required
- A qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA)
- Five years post qualification experience.
- Minimum of three years in manufacturing business, ideally food.
- Strong financial and management reporting experience with sound commercial awareness.
- Strong staff management skills (experience of managing teams of 3+).
- Excellent understanding of product costing and impact on customer and product profitability.
- Customer oriented with a can do approach.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Skilled at multitasking and delivering to deadlines required from various stakeholders.
- People oriented with ability to work unsupervised.
- Analytical with a keen eye for risks and opportunities.