This job is no longer available
Join Santander as an Auditor and you'll be joining a diverse and growing team that provides tangible commercial impact across our entire business. You'll be responsible for leading audit reviews as well as assessments of management and control risks within the areas of operational risk.
Santander's Internal Audit Division is a global operation comprising more than 900 people across the world, and its reports reach the highest levels of management. The Santander UK Internal Audit team of 70 people is a high-quality audit function that provides independent, objective opinions on how risks are managed to the highest levels of management in Spain and the UK.
The recent expansion of the bank in the UK means that we need to add even more talented people to the team across all grades, bringing different types and levels of expertise, yet sharing a common ambition to work in an internal audit function that can act as a benchmark for others.
At Santander, we will offer coaching, mentoring and development to ensure that you work to your full potential. In return for you hard work and commitment we will offer transparent career progression at one of the most stable banks in the world and reward you with competitive bonuses and generous allowances.
As an Auditor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• An ACA/ACCA/ qualification – either PQ, newly qualified or qualified
• Degree calibre candidate
• Experience within a retail banking Internal Audit department or an individual from a baking & capital markets function within a top 4 practice
• Leadership experience within an Internal/External audit capacity – depending on grade
• Experience in building and maintaining relationships with key senior stakeholders
• An understanding of the UK financial services regulatory framework
• A keen interest in developing a career within regulatory audit.
• Excellent analytical and reports skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential.
Our ideal candidate will currently be working for a Top 4 Practice with specific exposure to Financial Services Audit in the UK. Alternatively, you will work for an internal audit team in a large UK Bank or comparable Financial Services company with experience and knowledge of auditing in a retail banking environment, particularly financial operations within a financial services environment.
This is a unique opportunity within Santander Internal Audit where you will have exposure to a multitude of departments within Santander UK. This role gives the candidate maximum exposure to senior stakeholders across the business in a high profile area of Internal Audit, enabling you to forge strong relationships within the business.
As an Auditor your main responsibilities will involve:
• Leading internal audit reviews to assess the management and control of risk
• Involved in all aspects of the audit from planning the engagement, identification of key risks and coordination of fieldwork, through to drafting of recommendations and eventual reporting.
• Ensuring that all audits meet internal audit plan timescales and comply with quality requirements
• Managing relationships with key stakeholders across the business
• Coaching and motivating other team members