Expatriate Finance / Logistics Coordinator (“EFLC”)
HALO has been conducting mineclearance and explosive ordnance disposal in Afghanistan since 1988. The HALO Afghanistan programme now has over 3,800 national staff.
The principal requirements for the post of EFLC are:
• Experience in donor aid budget management, and in particular in handling budgets involving donors such as DFID, US Department of State, UN, EC, and Japanese Government;
• Experience of stock and capital equipment control;
• The necessary tact to assist in the development of senior administrative staff;
• The highest level of proficiency in excel;
• Excellent English writing skills.
The EFLC is one of the three international staff resident on the programme, working in concert with senior Afghan national management as part of the same team, which reports to the Afghan Programme Manager. The EFLC also co-ordinates with the UK-based Desk Officer for Central Asia, who spends half his time in Afghanistan, and the UK Finance Team.
The start date for this post is May 2012. Secure accommodation is provided and terms of employment include a reasonable remuneration package and leave rotation.
Interviews will take place at HALO`s headquarters in Scotland.