Specialist finance and accounts outsourcing provider based in Cambridgeshire is looking to strengthen its team by recruiting IFRS Accountant/s to join their technical Accounting team to provide accounting guidance to businesses and finance staff, whilst monitoring emerging GAAP (US and IFRS).
This opportunity will suit a qualified Accountant who can demonstrate well rounded financial and management accounting skills to specifically include financial consolidations ideally gained in a 'group environment and a thorough understanding of IFRS. Exposure to IFRS is essential but equally important is an interest in detail and the ability to develop/sustain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This opportunity is on a contract basis and there are currently 2 contracts pending with AIM listed companies in March/April, both with 10 to 15 day duration. Due to the nature of the work much of it can be handled remotely with occasional visit to the client's office in Cambridgeshire. My client is actively marketing this service line to a number of companies and it is their intention to build a team of suitably qualified accountants who are interested in working on a contract basis.
There are a variety of key tasks and responsibilities including:
- Consolidation of group financials on a monthly basis
- Analysis of group consolidated balance sheet and P&L
- Financial reporting,
- Reconciliation of group figures to local ledgers,
- Reviewing head office FX exposure,
- Tax & compliance, liaising with banks and managing external relationships.
- Technical reporting, multi-currency, IFRS, consolidations.
- Year end audit.
- You will be required to hit the ground running from day one.
- Maintaining new consolidation system to ensure successful delivery of financial statements etc.
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualification.
- Technically up to date, particularly in IFRS
- Able to work remotely using internet access
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a small team environment under pressure.
- Experience gained from within listed company environment